You as Test Engineer – MACH System will be part of Hitachi ABB Power Grids business-based Chennai, you will be responsible to fulfill the current and future requirements of Hitachi-ABB Power Grid’s High Voltage DC (HVDC) transmission, ABB has developed a fully computerized control and protection system using state-of-the-art computers, micro-controllers and Digital Signal Processors connected by high performance industrial standard buses and fiber optic communication links.
- Configuring Test Environment – Test Environment is to be created with the components of MACH Control System in the Test Lab Facility, with Computers, Servers, Input – Output Boards and Simulation Environments.
- Develop or Write test procedures – Write Test Cases or Scenarios for verifying the functionalities of the Control System for Analog and Digital Acquisitions.
- Test Execution – Execution of test Cases, for various software and hardware releases using the developed test cases in the test lab.
- Test Reporting – Report the test execution details to the development team for further actions.
- Maintains Test Environment – Maintain the test environment with updated software and hardware for current and future use.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering in Electrical or Electronics Engineering preferred.
- Experience in testing of intelligent electronic devices (IED) related to power system protection
- Knowledge in Fault analyses using Transient fault records (TFR) & Events
- Knowledge in Analog /Digital Data acquisition system (Sensor, Signal Conditioning, comparators, Digital filter and Analog-to-Digital Converter)
- Experience in in control & protection IED logics, Boolean logic gates & able to design the graphical block programming based on requirements
- Knowledge on Manual testing, Automation Testing would be plus
- Knowledge in test case writing, test reporting and test execution would be plus
- Knowledge in Embedded Software Testing & Digital Electronics would be plus
- Proficiency in English, speaking and writing.
Company: Hitachi ABB