We create smart innovations to meet the mobility challenges of today and tomorrow. We design and manufacture a complete range of transportation systems, from high-speed trains to electric buses and driverless trains, as well as infrastructure, signalling and digital mobility solutions. Joining us means joining a truly global community of more than 38 900 people dedicated to solving real-world mobility challenges and achieving international projects with sustainable local impact.
Purpose of the job
This role is expected to work on ATC system design which includes both trackside and train-borne design under the coordination of ATC leader.
What are my responsibilities
The ATC Designer is part of the Project Engineering Team under the coordination of ATC Leader. He /She develops ATC system architecture, trackside and trainborne, defining and allocating requirements, evaluating design trade-offs, balancing technical risk, defining and assessing interfaces, keeping close coordination with verification and validation activities and with project deployment activities, in line with the system roadmap.
- Design system and provide related documents (specification, architecture, interface, etc.).
Lead ATC Design Reviews.
- Adhering to technical processes and Project Engineering V cycle.
- Ensure the ATC configuration by application data or coding is performed regarding the process and ready for testing.
- Investigate the V&V test failures for corrective actions.
- QCD is as per WP commitment.
- Contribute for the multiple projects design support.
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- BE/BTech in Electronics/Electronics and Communication.
- Minimum 5+years experience in rail signaling /Automation domain.
- Experience in complex real time system (Rail signaling, avionics, defence, safety related systems).
- Engineering background (System engineering knowledge (desirable: signaling system).
- Defect analysis and able to propose a corrective solution.
- English (Good verbal and written communication skills).
- System Specification and Requirements Development
QCD management (Ability to work transversally with engineering teams / Autonomy / Coordination).
- Software engineering (master methods and tools to configure generic ATC software).
- Rolling stock systems (especially the ones that interface with trainborne ATP like brakes, traction, doors).
- Basic SW development skills and Expert-level knowledge in Excel.
- Curious and have an appetite for learning
- Team player
- Learn from your mistakes and implement corrective actions