BOLT Grant Program
Internet Society Foundation announces innovation grants to address connectivity gap.
About the Program
The Internet Society Foundation has launched a new grant program, known as the BOLT program, to advance Internet access and connectivity around the world. The grants aim to support teams of creatives, technologists, researchers, and social/cultural workers to develop solutions to Internet connectivity, particularly among communities where current technologies are unavailable or inaccessible.
Teams may include creatives, artists, technologists, researchers, social or cultural workers and must be housed in a relevant non-profit organization or institution.
Teams should be focused on building technical and social innovations related to Internet connectivity that strive to be:
- Environmentally sustainable
- Relevant to users and community
- Imaginative and engaging in experimentation and play
- Applications opened for submission on September 27, 2021.
- The application window will close on Friday October 29, at 21:00 UTC.
- Decisions will be shared the week of November 15, 2021.
Grants of USD$200,000 will be awarded for 12-month projects.
For application visit https://www.isocfoundation.org/grant-programme/bolt-grant-program/.